The CCL holder involved in this morning’s shooting is the fifth person in the Chicago area to defend themselves in the past week.
Here are the five incidents that I know of.
- 1/22/2024 Teen shot by a customer during an attempted restaurant robbery
- 1/26/2024 In Chicago Ridge, offenders got into a gunfight with 2 CCL holders they were following
- 1/28/2024 CCL holder calls 911 and says someone is threatening him with a knife
- 1/28/2024: CCL holder gets into a shootout with men who stole his SUV
- 1/30/2024: This morning, men attempted to rob a CCL holder, and they lost
How many officer-involved shootings have occurred in the past week? Zero that I can find.
I’m meeting with a Chicago business owner tomorrow to view security camera footage that shows the police arriving just as the offenders take off.
They got away and committed multiple robberies on the same night, including another one of his stores.
Given that last year saw a significant number of shootings in self-defense in major cities, the question is whether this pattern will continue in 2024.